Thursday, March 03, 2022

Montrésor

The Loire Valley portion of our 2000 trip came to a close. Our friend S. headed south on her own and Ken and I drove up to Reims in Champagne. On the way, we drove through the little town of Montrésor to see the château we had seen on a map and in the guide book. As we entered the town, this is what we saw.

The Château de Montrésor, built on a bluff above the town between the 11th and 16th centuries. Digitized color slide, Fall 2000.

We didn't stop to visit the picturesque castle as we had a long day's drive ahead. But I'm glad we saw it. We've been back many times in the years since we moved here. I still haven't been inside, but Ken has. The park along the Indrois river below the castle is a nice place for a walk.

6 comments:

  1. I remember that exact sight with Ken once upon a time. Such a wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that little bit of coloring: yellow door and the greenery!
    My imagination of being a princess living in one of those cone-shaped tours ... aaah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. judy, yup!

    mitch, yup!

    evelyn, thanks!

    mary, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course a princess that is NOT locked in but with those great views!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!