Thursday, March 24, 2022

Forsythia

Forsythia is in full bloom all around us, and our forsythia is no exception. The bush is getting big and I think I'm going to have to do a serious pruning this year, after the flowering ends.

Forsythia blooming in our back yard.

I got a lot of sticks and fallen branches picked up yesterday in preparation for the yard's first full mowing. Now I want to change the oil in the lawnmower. I've been lax not having changed it in the past two years. On the positive side, I planted three varieties of tomato seeds and some zucchini seeds in the greenhouse yesterday. Spring is definitely here.

6 comments:

  1. I love forsythia. I used to trim our enormous old plant every year. Pre-spring, I’d cut a bunch of budding branches and force their flowering in the bathtub. Happiness indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forsythia! Beautiful! We don't have any in this yard, but my mom's house had a big stand of it. First thing to bloom every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That forsythia is so cheerful. I do miss seeing the surge of new life every spring; the changes are much more subtle here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the blooming plants around town. My daughter's forsythia are in bloom now as well! Just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I always think I should try that, but then I don't. Maybe it's the mild winters we have. There's no real motivation to hasten the arrival of spring.

    judy, and so bright!

    wilma, I enjoy the change of seasons, especially in the temperate zone.

    bettyann, lol!

    mary, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!