Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Primrose

The annual primrose show is on now in our yard. The colors range from white to blue to deep red and purple. Most of them come up in the north forty in the morning shadow of the house. They spread themselves around from year to year but are still mostly confined to the north side of the house.

Primroses blooming in the lawn.

The primevères (primroses) share their space in our yard with the purple flowers of wild cyclamen, also an early spring bloomer. As the grass grows taller in the coming weeks, I will have to cut it and the flowers along with it. I try to wait as long as I can before mowing them down.

4 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful primrose display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Easter eggs hidden in the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a show it is! Striking purple!
    I forgot you can hear Cuckoo's! That must have been thrilling that first time.
    I especially like your close-ups of interesting architectural facets (is that the correct term?) There are so many places that attract one's eyes at chateaux. Too many details that are missed by me. No longer, thanks to you, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, and the best part is that it's maintenance free!

    wilma, :)

    mary, the cuckoos visit us from April (or March) through June. It's nice to hear them every year.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!