Sunday, March 27, 2022

Cut grass

I snapped a few quick shots of the back yard from the den window on Saturday just to document the first mowing of the year. I cut the south forty (to the left of the garden path in the photo) on Thursday, then the west forty (to the right of the garden path in the photo) on Friday. Yesterday I cut the strips outside the hedges, but they're not visible in the picture. I'm still holding off on the north forty to keep the primrose flowers visible, but it won't be long before that's cut as well.

Looking west out the den window on Saturday.

Our nice spring weather will be with us for a couple more days before temperatures start to fall again. The last few Aprils have brought freezes, some were severe enough to damage new leaf growth in the vineyards around us. We'll see what this year brings.

9 comments:

  1. It looks great and I love seeing the new garden path. It will be a shame to lose the primroses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you still have two apple trees. A few tartes in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Renaissance window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Your new garden path is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely view. Your cutting technique is so even it makes the lawn look quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yard looks great, Walt!
    We just snapped into a cold spell... hit below freezing last night.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, it happens every year. They always come back.

    chm, yes, and in summer and fall they still drop apples that I have to pick up before I mow.

    bettyann, it looks much nicer than the old overgrown path. I wonder how long I can keep it that way...

    wilma, LOL!

    judy, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done that does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good, my friend!

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!