Saturday, March 04, 2023

A day in Paris

I didn't take many photos yesterday. It was more fun just being in the moment, reminiscing with my colleague and friend, Andy. And the train ride. Remember, I'm a transit nerd and Andy and I worked together in a transportation policy and planning agency back in the '90s. Early Friday morning, I took a regional train from Saint-Aignan over to Saint-Pierre-des-Corps (just outside of Tours) where I transferred to a high-speed train up to Paris. There was a lot of fog outside, but it was pretty much broken up when we arrived in Paris. The full trip took about two hours, and that with a 30-minute layover between trains.

Windmills in the fog out the window of my train as we zipped along at over 300 kilometers per hour.

I arrived at the Montparnasse station pretty much on time and walked over to a café called Au Chien qui Fume (At the Smoking Dog) on the Boulevard Montparnasse and the rue du Cherche-Midi where Andy and I had agreed to meet. The atmosphere was so typically Parisian and the coffee hit the spot. We spent a good hour gabbing about old times and people we knew before moving on. But first we had to decide where to have lunch.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along, it has been too long since I was in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great beginning. Looking forward to sharing the rest of your day. I love trains!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we get to tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that Paris is only a couple of hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the start of a memorable day in Paris with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a shorter trip than I realized. So easy. I'm not a transit nerd, but I do love train travel.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!