Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Keep it clean

I guess I thought this was interesting. A wastepaper basket bolted to a wall on the grounds of the Château de Chenonceau. People do need a place to get rid of wrappers, tissues, brochures, and maybe even newspapers. I can't believe there are people visiting the castle who would throw trash on the ground (except for maybe small children who haven't yet learned not to litter). But, if you don't want trash on the ground, then you've got to provide receptacles. Et voilà.

Put your trash here. May 2007.

We had a few spring-like days. Trees and shrubs are starting to flower. Bulbs are up. Birds are singing. This morning it's cold again, but not below freezing. I know the grape growers are starting to worry about April. Early warm weather starts the vines budding, and damaging April freezes are not uncommon. We'll see what this season brings.

9 comments:

  1. I wonder if people only use the bin for papiers. It could be a bit confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a minute yesterday to figure out the Pilgrims answer... ha!
    We're having spring startups here... temps have been dipping some days, but lots of daffodils in bloom, and the star magnolia trees are in bloom, and the tulips are popping up, though not yet blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And not just a garbage can, a nice piece of design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am totally in agreement with you, Travel! That is one fancy trash can! But what do people do with their plastic bottles and plastic candy wrappers, etc.?

      Delete
  4. Needed to put my thinking cap on for yesterday's quiz about May flowers lol. I was thinking vegetables...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was 47 this morning here in central Florida! I turned on the heat.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around our neighborhood are several stands of similar bins with black plastic bag dispensers on the hope people will clean up after their dogs. Some folks complain about the sight of them but they would complain more about the dog waste that would be there if it weren't for such receptacles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, I don't even know if it's still there...

    judy, it's really nice when the bulbs flower!

    travel, the color looks bold, but it works.

    evelyn, ha!

    bettyann, I would, too. It's 4.6 here this morning. That's about 40ºF. The heat is on.

    michael, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!