Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Cuisine au gîte

This is the kitchen in the house we rented near Sarlat back in 2006. Nothing fancy, but it was well-equipped and neatly organized. Just behind where I was standing to take this photo is dining table, then the small living room with a fireplace, a wood stove, and a television. I remember asking the guy who owned the place if I could have some firewood for the wood stove. Those April evenings in the Dordugne were chilly. He was happy to let us use it.

Interesting choice of colors.


4 comments:

  1. A cheerful place! It was cold at night when we were there- we forgot to turn on the heat the first night- brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Provençal-ish color scheme, to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon27 August, 2024 18:38

    Let's Cook! What an inviting kitchen and good eyes, Travel, to identify that rare french appliance, a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!