Friday, August 23, 2024

Stoney end

De deux choses, l'une (one of two things). This upended corbel was either designed to be the end of the wall it's in or it was repurposed from an existing building/ruin. I think it was more likely repurposed. Either way, it's a dramatic way to adorn a stone wall.

Like a rock.

As for today's title, I had Streisand's 1970 album (Stoney End), on vinyl. It was a gift from a high school friend. The song, a single from the 1967 album "More Than a New Discovery," was written and first recorded by Laura Nyro. I was unaware.

4 comments:

  1. I had to immediately play Laura Nyro singing the song. I adored her and always preferred her original version. She will be singing in my head for the rest of the day. I think you’re right that the corbel was repurposed (and beautifully).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, thank you for this close up view. I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment yesterday, Judy.
      BettyAnn

      Delete
  3. Definitely a Great Wall!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!