Saturday, August 31, 2024

Le petit cadeau

"The little gift" is the name of this little gift shop in central Sarlat. I'm not sure if it still exists. I found it on Google, but when I look at street view, I can't find it. I'm either wrong or it's gone. I hope Pinocchio found a home.

Le petit cadeau.

We had rain and a mild thunderstorm yesterday. We might possibly get the same today. I have no plans to go out; my wine run was successful, so we're stocked up. I'm thinking of making a pissaladière for lunch today. That's an onion pizza popular in Nice and the surrounding region. It's named for pissalat, a pungent sauce made with salty fish like anchovies. In place of the sauce, anchovies out of the can are often used. I won't be using anchovies today, but I will garnish the pizza with black olives, also a famous product of Nice and traditional on a pissaladière.

6 comments:

  1. I bought 3-foot-tall Pinocchio at Pinocchio Park in Collodi, Italy, for my friends’ new son in 1978. I wonder if he still has it. Our friendship ended later in 1978. What a charming entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were both lucky to be in Sarlat when the wisteria was blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sarlat, thanks for the memories.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I hope you'll show us a photo of your Pissaladière!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, did his nose grow?

    evelyn, yes, we were!

    bettyann, :)

    judy, I did take a photo, but I haven't done anything with it, yet. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!