Tuesday, August 20, 2024

I got plenty of nuttin'

Not much going on here. We're trying to adjust to the abrupt (and premature) arrival of fall. Brr. Long pants, long sleeves, more blankets on the bed. Maybe we'll get lucky and have an Indian summer.

Vines and rosebuds and a little window in Domme.

Since the weekend's rain, I'm expecting the grass to have a growth spurt and be ready for another mow. But so far, nuttin'. I suppose the cool snap is slowing things down. It is a little less brown.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice photo. Love that golden color of stone. I wonder if that piece of twine in the window can be used to pull up that crocheted curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo! I’m sure your summer will return once you’ve adjusted to autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes nuttin' is a good thing. No drama, just a nice even pace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An' nuttin's plenty for me. Lovely photo. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stone.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. kiwi, if it's what I think you're seeing, I think it's a vine tendril. :)

    mitch, most certainly! Unless we get really lucky and go straight into winter.

    michael, agreed!

    judy, I'll drink to that!

    chris, ha! :)

    bettyann, it's a nice contrast with our local stone here, which is mostly white.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!