Sunday, April 27, 2014

Le château de Saint-Aignan

Here's a peek at Saint-Aignan's château on the heights overlooking the Cher River. I'm standing in the park on the island in the river facing more or less toward the southwest. The buildings below the château are right on the riverbank.

The château is privately owned and lived-in. No tours.

I took the photo on a Saturday morning two weeks ago. I was back at the market in town yesterday, but without the camera. It was raining. I did pick up some strawberries, some lemons, a head of lettuce, four spicy sausages, and a slice of local pâté made with walnuts.

8 comments:

  1. imagine living in such a grand estate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great shot of the château setting. I love hearing about what you pick up at the market, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nicely framed shot. The contrast of the order of the château with that of the tree is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are turning green while ours are losing leaves of burnt orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does one do with so many rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet digs. I wonder what their pied-à-terre in Paris looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!