Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Log roll

Callie and I have been going into and through the woods more and more lately, thanks to the period of dry weather we had recently. It's raining again, but not in the quantity we saw a few weeks ago.

The remains of a cut tree in a section of woods that was partially cleared last year.

I'm falling behind with my gardening chores. By now I should have tomato seeds sown indoors so that they'll be ready to put out in the garden in May. But I just got the seedling soil from the garden center yesterday. Maybe, by writing this, I will be motivated to plant today. I will set up my little potter's bench on the deck and get those seeds in. It's not too late.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think this weather has helped...
    it is soul less, rather like "the world according to the media"...
    Pauline is set up in the guest room...
    table, compost, seed packets all over the bed...
    sunlight arrived yesterday...
    in the form of two low-energy, 150W equivalent, full spectrum daylight bulbs...
    suitable for sufferers of S.A.D., in an attempt to avoid very leggy plants!!
    300 watts of sunlight... and a new propagator was needed this year...
    the control on the other has gone and it now delivers ten centipedes above the ambient...
    may well buy the controller that came with the new one... seems to work very well.
    Good luck and get sowing... we've still to get a spud in the ground...
    and last night's soaking of three millipedes won't have made anything easier!!
    Hurrumph...and harrumph...and hurrumph again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!