Monday, December 30, 2019

Pinson des arbres

Here is the third of the three most popular birds at our feeders. It's le pinson des arbres (chaffinch). He's another bird that mostly hops around picking up seeds on the deck or below the hanging feeders. He will, however, hang from the ball feeder when the tits take a break.

A chaffinch on the deck.

We also see chardonnerets (goldfinches), but not as many as the other three. Other birds come by as well, but much less frequently, including rougequeues (redstarts) and merles (blackbirds). I haven't noticed any of those at the feeders so far this winter. And lest you think I'm a bird expert (I'm not), I've only learned to recognize these birds over the years by the their very frequent visits and the help of a couple of bird identification books.

3 comments:

  1. These photos and birds have been beautiful. I’ve really enjoyed this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you showing them to Moose and Dudo, Mitchell? ;)

      Delete
  2. mitch, thanks! It was a flight of fancy.

    judy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!