Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Xmas Eve 2019

Our friend Sue has a talent for making greeting cards. I think she does fewer of them than she has in the past, but whenever she does one, whether she uses one of her photos or creates it from scratch, it's a work of art. This one came in the mail a few days ago.

If you look very closely, you might see two red birds perched in the branches. Two turtle doves?
Yes, I know turtle doves aren't red. Just pretend they're dressed up for the holiday.

Ken will head into town this morning to pick up the holiday turkey from the poultry vendors at the Christmas market. We'll roast that tomorrow. Today we'll enjoy our annual Christmas Eve cheese fondue. I'll be looking in on our neighbor's cat for the next couple of days while she's away for the holiday. There will be two cats, actually. The second one belongs to our neighbor's daughter, who is visiting from Bordeaux.

6 comments:

  1. The card is exceptional! So special. Wishing you and Ken a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade cards are the best and Sue's is beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making my own cards is one of the things I always thought I would have the time to do when I retired. Maybe I should start in June......this one is lovely!
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS from all of us to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Beautiful card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those are cardinals, even if there's no Christmas song about cardinals.
    Beautiful card! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, same to you and SG. And Happy Hanukkah, too!

    evelyn, to you and Lewis as well!

    jean, and to you!

    judy, ho ho ho!

    chris, very likely, but I like the idea of smartly dressed turtle doves... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!