Monday, December 16, 2019

Still there

Remember those piles of dirt and rocks that I posted about back in early September? Well, they're still out there. I don't know what they're for. In October I crossed paths with the mayor on an afternoon walk with Tasha and I asked her about them, wondering if it was an illegal dumping. She said no, that the grape grower who owns the land put them there, but she seemed to be annoyed about it.

The piles showed up a little over three months ago now.

Later in October I learned that a few vineyard parcels adjacent to this spot, all owned by the same grower, are going to be ripped out and replanted with new vines. So I wonder if those piles have anything to do with that and, if so, how? The mystery endures.

5 comments:

  1. How weird. One would think this wouldn’t be such a mystery. Meanwhile, an eyesore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to keep your mind occupied while you endure the rains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your tree photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the dirt, like fine wine, has to age to a certain consistency before use. Or you could go out there and plant some bulbs or cuttings in it, see what happens.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, they don't bother me, I'm just curious.

    bettyann, stay tuned!

    emm, I wonder...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!