Thursday, December 03, 2020

At the bottom

This is what we see when we get to the bottom of the hill. This field is one of several at the bottom of the hill that are planted every year in some kind of grain. This is winter wheat. It's planted in the fall, sprouts, then over-winters like this. In spring, it begins to grow tall and set seed, then it's harvested in summer. I've seen this field planted with barley, millet, and sunflowers in years past.

The winter wheat has sprouted. The river is behind those trees that are lit by the sun.

This morning I've got to deal with the bank. Ugh. Last spring they added another layer of security to their online banking service. Every three months, when I log in, they send me a special code that I need to enter to get into my accounts. It's worked fine over the last six months. So December 1 was the start of the next three month period. Yesterday, when I tried to log in, they said they were sending the new code (by text message), but I never got one. Without that code I'm effectively locked out of my accounts. So I will schlep over to the branch office this morning and ask what's going on. Joy.

4 comments:

  1. I have a related, also exasperating, problem with my bank who keep asking me for my mobile phone number. Despite my going in to tell them I've got no mobile, never had one 'cos I've never needed one, they will keep insisting that I simply must have one - somewhere - because, the chap said, he doesn't know anyone else who doesn't own one. Oh, give me strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, chilly looking vista.

    Those online banking security procedures have caused us a lot of headaches in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonne chance. Everything here is now tied to our cell phones which need to be smart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. raybeard, I feel your pain! We don't have smart phones, and only have cheap cells (with very basic plans) in the cars for emergencies. But we do use one of them for these kinds of SMS security verifications because it seems the only way these days. One day I expect we'll buckle and join the smart phone crowd, but it is not this day!

    mitch, turns out mine was a lack of signal. %$#^&%!@!

    evelyn, I know it's coming. I mean, it's already here, but we're still resisting. Old fogeys are us. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!