Friday, December 04, 2020

Walking between the wheat fields

Just another view across one of the wheat fields down below the hill where we live. As I said before, dirt access roads between and around the fields provide access to cyclists, pedestrians and, of course, tractors and harvesters. They give us a few options for varying our route.

Looking across the river valley. You can see the heights rising on the north bank in the background.

The whole thing with the bank is now resolved. It was a stupid problem, of course. Turns out that the cell phone wasn't connecting to the network. The guy at the bank figured it out after he sent me two messages that didn't come through. He said that cell phones often don't work at the bank's location. Pas de réseau, he said. No signal. Just go home and try again. I rebooted the phone (just turned it off and back on again) and the network came back and the messages came through. All's well that ends well.

3 comments:

  1. “Did you try rebooting?” The catchphrase of recent years. (Actually not so recent anymore come to think of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know less than nothing about cell phones. I know that you have to pay a monthly subscription to the phone company just to have one. If the bank request you to have a cell phone, they should pay the subscription. In my case I don't have one for two reasons, I don't need one and being so hard of hearing I don't understand what people say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come to own a cell phone just this year. I have it for emergencies. My thinking was that if I were prepared for emergencies, they'd just start happening willy nilly. I didn't want emergencies all over the place, so held off having one for several years.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!