Friday, December 11, 2020

Flashback Friday

This is the bridge over the Loire River at Amboise. It's another of my color slides, taken during our fall 2000 trip, that I scanned. I'm surprised at the amount of traffic on the bridge, although I'm not sure why. It's one of only two bridges over the Loire at Amboise. The next closest bridges are 12.5 kilometers down river to the west and 15 kilometers up river to the east (about 8 and 9 miles, respectively). 

By the length and direction of the shadows, this could be the evening rush hour. The bridge crosses an island in the middle of the river.

The big attraction at Amboise is, of course, the royal château, built on a bluff overlooking the river. That's where I was when I took the picture.

4 comments:

  1. What a great shot! 20years ago. Time flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how all the buildings are some shade of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is beautiful! I need to go to the castle's courtyard some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about the Loire river and valley every time I take another wine course. Is it wide enough to up or down it to stop at all the splendid places along the way?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!