Sunday, December 20, 2020

Stained light

I expect that a lot of people take photos like this of the light that's cast through stained glass windows in churches and other places. I'm part of the crowd. This was taken in the château at Amboise, although I don't remember exactly where. It was twenty years ago, after all.

Light and shadow at Amboise, scanned color slide, October 2000.

Bert did the most curious thing last evening. While we were watching tv, he came into the house and made his "mouse" meow. It's kind of a loud meow, but he has to make it without opening his mouth much because, as you probably have guessed, he's got a mouse. I went down and praised him (you also know that cats like to "present" their catches to us humans) after which he devoured the mouse and went back outdoors. About fifteen minutes later, he did it again. A second mouse. Crunch, crunch, eaten. Another fifteen minutes, a third mouse. Dessert? That's when I got a clue and closed him indoors. He slept soundly through the night.

10 comments:

  1. Oh... blech! Not the beautiful photo, obviously. Bert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a cat as I am allergic to them. Your post was very graphic. I started to think of the poor mice, but they can be a pain in the neck, so the cat was doing a service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mice heading toward the house for warmth and Mr B intercepts...good boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...blech! The crunch crunch part was a bit much to have to imagine. My cats never ate mice in front of us. Ewww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww, I’m going to be thinking of that all day. :( But, good boy, Bert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bert is a good cat and sweet too. Funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a three-mouse night! Thanks, Bert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won't need to feed him today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yow! I hope one of them wasn't Santa Mouse.
    Good cat for being a good mouser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mitch, something you don't have to worry about with indoor cats!

    melinda, better in his belly than in the pantry.

    judy, he eats them head first.

    bettyann, it's just what cats do. I'm used to it now.

    chm, he is pretty good, except when he meows at 4 in the morning.

    chris, sounds like a good name for a band... ;)

    diane, on the contrary. He's always hungry!

    michael, there's always Puppy Claus to take up the slack. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!