Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The royal residence

Much of the original château at Amboise is gone, after falling to into disrepair and neglect at the end of the sixteenth century. What remains, mostly the towers and walls as well as the logis (the royal residence), has been restored since.

Part of the royal residence at Amboise, color slide, October 2000.

Rain showers continue around here, off and on. The temperatures have warmed up. I'm getting more of the deck cleared off. What remains includes the grill, some large planter boxes, and the storage armoire. All in good time. I put the holiday lights up on the house Sunday. Today I'll set up the tree. At least, that's my plan.

5 comments:

  1. I would have such a good time touring these towns. But I suppose I should hit the road in Spain first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast between the colorful flags and the stone chateau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the flag with what look like chain links as a flower symbolic of Amboise? I assume the one with the fleurs de lis is the royal emblem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, Spain is on the way.

    judy, thanks!

    bettyann, :)

    emm, good question. I don't know the answer.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!