Saturday, December 26, 2020

Pommes

In addition to bread cubes, I like to dip apple cubes into our cheese fondue on Christmas Eve. They taste fresh and sweet and add a crunch to the meal. We've been thinking about what else might be good. Ken thinks that steamed Brussels sprouts halves would work well and I agree, so I think we might try that next year.

A few holiday apples and a clémentine.

Today, Saturday, is leftovers day. More of Friday's Christmas dinner (or lunch, actually). There's some of everything left, as intended. The next event is, of course, New Year's Eve on Thursday. I'm planning a market run on Wednesday for some mussels. We'll make moules marinières and have them with French fries, something we haven't done in a while. Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Wish I where there for the moules marinières!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try a desert fondu, chocolate cubes of fruit and bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fruit is luscious, but I can't take my eyes off that trivet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I bet the Brussels Sprouts would be super yummy in the cheese fondue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oui, I noted that trivet as well! Enjoy your day of rest(es)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, that would be fun!

    travel, I did that once, many (many) years ago in Paris.

    mitch, in the summer, it sits on our deck table. I bring it in every winter when the table gets put away.

    judy, that's what I was thinking! :)

    mary, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that does it
    I vow to have fondue by February

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!