Monday, December 28, 2020

Trivet pursuits

I got a couple of comments about the iron trivet under the bowl of apples in Saturday's photo. That trivet spends most of its days as the centerpiece of the deck table. I keep a pot of hens and chicks on it. In the winter, when the table and chairs get stored away, I bring the trivet inside and use it on the dining room table. It has rubber feet, so I don't have to worry about scratches.

Trivet.

If my memory serves, I found the trivet in a shop in Collonges-la-Rouge back in 2006. We were visiting the town with our friend Sue from California, who was vacationing here then. Collonges is mostly a tourist destination, known for its buildings and monuments made from red sandstone. The town is populated by artists and artisans who make and sell their work there. On that same trip I also found a plant pot that I thought was interesting. As I said, the pot is planted with hens and chicks and sits on the trivet in the spring, summer, and fall.

4 comments:

  1. We have no traditional iron trivets, although I love them (like this one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of iron trivets, bought in a shabby chic kind of shop in Loches. They are very handy, tactile and attractive, in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a very nice trivet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci, Walt! I was thinking, okay, now that I'm really going to get serious about prioritizing a list of french places to visit-- what WAS that city with the red sandstone? Ahh, Walt to the rescue! Collonges-la-Rouge! Merci, encore! But - I try desperately NOT to buy heavy things to carry home, so even if I was able to find another trivet like yours, I would just have to enjoy it while I was in the store and then regret it for many moons! I do have one that is dark green with 5 leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!