Monday, January 17, 2022

Another tart

I used some left-over whole wheat flour blended with all-purpose flour to make the crust this time. It's a little darker and a little tougher than usual. It also stuck a little to the pan and I had some trouble getting it onto the cake plate, as evidenced by the visible breaks. But it tasted pretty good, nonetheless.

I glazed the tart with quince jelly mixed with calvados (apple brandy).

On Sunday I cut up the last of the old grape vine trunks. They are nearly all burned now, literally consigned to the ash heap of history. Now I'm going to have to order some firewood for the rest of the season.

9 comments:

  1. The one who will make virtual on line food tasting a reality will soon be a trillionnaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your newsiness made me chuckle as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, that looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tart looks good enough to eat! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Walt! When I make gingerbread I use a ratio of 1 part whole wheat to 2 parts white flour. When I first tried 100% whole wheat we couldn't even eat it (too hard!). I must look to see if I can find any quince jam around here. Interesting combination with the apples! Unfortunately I don't have any Calvados on my liquor tray (no cabinet - just a few bottles (Limoncello, Pastis, Galiano and Kalua) maybe I'll try one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!