Monday, January 31, 2022

La cathédrale

After the Eiffel Tower, the cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris could be the most recognized of Paris' monuments. I took this photo down on the berge (river bank) between the île de la Cité on the left and the rive gauche (left bank) on the right. That might sound a little funny, but the left bank is on the right when you're looking upstream.

I'm standing on the lower level of the quai St.-Michel. The building hidden by scaffolding is the Paris police headquarters. The bridge is le petit pont (The Little Bridge).

Today is the day that Tasha goes to the vet to get her stitches out. If all goes well, she shouldn't have to wear the cone of shame any more. The scar looks good, dry and not swollen, so I'm hopeful that all is well. She's been very good about the cone, but I know she'll be glad not to have to wear it. She'll still be confined to the corrals while in the house, with short walks on leash, probably into March.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful city. I do like when scaffolding covers are decorative. That one is especially nice. Still keeping all good thoughts for Tasha and you two. It’s a long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the cone is probably coming off. I agree with Mitchell about the scaffolding covers. They must be expensive to make though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another interesting perspective - it sucked m in right down to the little bridge and then my eyeballs ricocheted to the snazzy scaffolding screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor pooch. I hope the stitches go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, thanks!

    evelyn, I wonder?

    wilma, :)

    michael, they did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!