Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Le café brasserie

I previously posted some detail of this place, so here is the big picture, as they say. Most people are familiar with what a café is, but do you know what a brasserie is? A brasserie is a restaurant that serves basic French cuisine. It is more informal than a restaurant and will frequently be open later (or not close at all), catering to the "after theater/night club" crowd. The word brasserie means "brewery" and, while most urban brasseries don't brew their own beer these days, they always have several brands on tap and others available in bottles. There's nothing like a cold beer on a hot day in Paris. Except maybe a crisp glass of chablis.

I don't remember the name of this place, but it's in the 15th Arrondissement. Paris, September 2006.

By the time you read this, our little Tasha will be in surgery or in recovery. She's having an artificial ligament implanted in her knee to replace the one she tore last week. Ouch. We will pick her up from the vet's office on Thursday. Recovery will take a while (two or more months) and will probably be a challenge for us all. We'll know more about it after we speak to the doctor.

6 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with Tasha and that her recovery is easy on all three of you.

    I remember the first time I discovered the word brasserie and getting the giggles (I may have been 12). My parents went to a brassiere for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time! I'm so glad this was something fix-able :)
    (Pertaining to yesterday's Tabac sign: right, I wasn't a smoker LOL).
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Tasha a successful procedure and a speedy recovery!

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping all goes well. By spring you will be back to your normal walking routines. I love the look of this brasserie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the injury to one of Tasha's rear legs? Good luck to Tasha - and to you two - with her recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, my 12-year old self is cracking up!

    judy, I figured... ;)

    sean, thanks! I'll relay the message. :)

    evelyn, thanks. I hope you're right. :)

    wilma, it's one of her rear legs. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!