Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Home again

We arrived back at our home in San Francisco the first week of June 2001 after our second vacation in the the Loire Valley (and some time in Paris). Waiting for us, of course, was our little sheltie Collette (she had a house sitter while we were gone). This is the back end of our house. It was built on the side of a steep hill so that when you were in the back yard, you were just about two floors above street level.

Collette in our small San Francisco yard. Digitized color slide, Spring 2001.

Below is a shot looking away from the house to a section of the small yard and garden that we put in. I was just getting that apple tree espaliered against the fence when we decided to sell and move to France in 2003. Collette moved with us and got to spend the last few years of her life in the French countryside.

A corner of our back garden in San Francisco. Digitized color slide, Spring 2001.

I have more scanned slides to process and post from other trips, but I'll take a break from that now for more mundane images of seedlings, the back yard and, if I'm lucky, the vineyard. That will involve attaching Tasha's leash to my waist so I can carry a camera. I have a special leash thingy for that.

5 comments:

  1. That yard was small, but really lovely with all the different plants. Didn’t you have a tree cut down? Or am I dreaming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever photos you post, there is always something interesting about them, and it's just nice to hear from you every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start for the espaliered apple tree. That must have been hard to leave! Collette was beautiful, too! Her coloring is so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, yes, when we moved in we had a huge conifer removed. Good memory! They cut it into chunks and carried it out through the house (the only way to access the street from the yard).

    judy, awww... :)

    mary, I know, but I figured I could always try again here. I haven't. We had four apple trees in the back yard when we arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we were neighbors and didn’t know it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!