Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Saint-Sulpice en noir et blanc

I'm pretty sure that I took this photo in 1988, the first time that Ken and I returned to Paris after 1982. It's a color slide, but the colors in the scan I found are not particularly good. Still, I think it looks ok in black and white. Until I find and re-scan the original slide (they're stored away in the attic) this will have to do.

The north tower of the église St.-Sulpice in Paris. Digitized color slide (b/w version), est. 1988.

I took the photo looking east along the rue du Vieux Colombier toward the place St.-Sulpice and the church itself. Around nearly every Paris street corner you get unexpected and sometimes breathtaking views.

4 comments:

  1. Black and white photos are so unusual these days! But this one is very nice. I like it beaucoup?
    One of my father’s physician friend and his family (my godmother) lived on this street so I recognised it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, chm!
    St Sulpice brings back memories of walking to the Alliance every morning, that first month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is one of those breathtaking views! Thank you. I love black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, cool!

    judy, it was a neat place to be, for sure.

    bettyann, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!