Saturday, April 16, 2022

Petite Charlotte

The charlotte is a standard in French pastry making and, from what I gather, is popular across Europe. There's actually a special mold in which they're made, not surprisingly called a charlotte mold. In France, the charlotte is often made with lady fingers soaked in a simple syrup that line the inside of the mold. The lined mold is filled with a whipped cream or other cream filling. The charlotte is refrigerated until set, then topped with fresh fruit for serving.

A mini raspberry charlotte, filled with whipped cream.

The charlotte pictured here is a mini, single-serving version made in the bakery where I got the pâté de pâques (yesterday's post). They're made with raspberries and were so pretty I couldn't resist. They tasted as good as they looked.

Friday was a beautiful day and I got out and mowed the north forty. The primroses are all done for this year. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll do another section of the yard today. I usually wait until after noon to mow because the grass is heavy with dew in the mornings. It needs to dry out before I can cut it.

7 comments:

  1. I understand why you couldn’t resist. It looks so good, I couldn’t either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SG used to make charlotte russe. I suppose now he’d drop the russe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've never seen a mini one before! One of my students made one for our recipe unit once... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Mitchell. I think there will be a lot of the 'dropping of the russe" in a variety of ways.

    I agree with you, too, CHM. Who could honestly resist the temptation of that raspberry charlotte!

    Oh, I wish I was going to Paris with one of my classmates who leaves next Friday! The temptations of the Patisseries are really difficult for me! My last trip of over 30 days I managed to eat only 2 delicious fantasies! One early on and the second one on the next to the last day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me while I wipe the drooling off the keyboard.

    Wonder if all the dropped "russe"s will turn into "ukraini"s?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every thing edible there is scrumptious and so prettily presented

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!