Monday, April 18, 2022

I'm better

A brief explanation. I had a bad reaction to a new drug my doctor prescribed. The underlying condition isn't serious, but when I mentioned it, the doctor said, "Take this," which I did on Saturday night before bed. And it knocked me for a loop. My body temperature dropped, I felt clammy and overall weakened, and I didn't sleep all night. Ken said I was as pale as a ghost on Sunday morning. The worse thing was that it wrecked havoc with my digestive system. I was worshiping the porcelain goddess, as they say, a few times Sunday morning, among other things. And then there were the hiccups that lasted more than several hours through the afternoon and evening.

Looking upstream on the Seine toward the Sainte-Chapelle and Notre-Dame de Paris. The bridge is the pont de la Concorde.
Digitzed color slide, sometime in the 90s.

I couldn't fathom eating anything yesterday, so Ken enjoyed his Easter dinner all by himself. We'll have it again today. There are plenty of leftovers. Last night I began to feel better and I slept well. This morning I feel completely normal. For me. The whole episode lasted about 24 hours. Needless to say, I did not (and will not) take any more of those pills.

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're feeling better! Enjoy your meal later today (and the glorious sunshine)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you’re OK. So frustrating when it’s the cure that makes you sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that this bad episode is over. It will be interesting to know what the doctor has to say.
    This is not the pont de la Concorde. It might be the pont de la Tournelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracious!My husband and I had a bout of the kind of thing that makes you nauseous and ... everything else. He was first, then I was sick starting the next day. It was about a two-day event, and then a third to recover. I guess if Ken gets sick you'll have to assume it wasn't those pills :). Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very glad you only had a temporary reaction to medication, however unpleasant, and will get to enjoy Ken's rabbit stew today.
    And as much as I hate to disagree with the illustrious CHM, that is indeed the Pont de la Concorde. Your photo is taken from the Right Bank, looking toward the Left Bank on an angle. Just past the bridge on the Left Bank is a very distinctive little pointed rooftop folly at 27bis Quai Anatole France, and further on, you can see the distinctive rooftops of the Musée d'Orsay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you’re right. My impression was that if you look at Notre-Dame façade the St-Chapelle should be on the right (as it is). But in this case the angle of the Seine puts it on the left. Interesting!

      Delete
  8. Please tell us the name of that drug. I do not want to ever buy it if it is prescribed for me I will ask a lot of questions.
    Take it easy on your stomach after that... So glad you are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, you had a horrible Easter. I am glad you are feeling better now. Hopefully this comment finds you 100% better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeing better. I have learned through painful experience, that you have to read/ask about side effects to any and all meds being prescribed. Side Effects R Us. No fun at all.
    Lovely river picture though.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!