Thursday, April 07, 2022

La tour Montparnasse

I've always liked the idea of this photo, but it didn't come out quite the way I thought it would. And I only took one. I could probably figure out where I was and try to take another (the next time I'm in Paris, lol), but it wouldn't be the same. The building has been changed and is changing again. Maybe it would be better. But, like they say, you can't go back again. Still, I like the ghost-like quality of the tower. It comes through better in black and white.

I also like how you can see people on the rooftop observation deck over the 56th floor.
Digitized color slide (although I took most of the color out in this version), Spring 2001.

The wind is howling this morning as it did through the night. We're having a storm. With rain. And it's my morning to go out with Tasha. It'll be a short walk.

5 comments:

  1. The Tower looks like it has been Christoed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing the people also. I'm glad that I got to see Paris from this tower once- the view up there was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you pointed out the people. I wouldn’t have realized. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me! I don't remember seeing any photos of La Tour Montparnasse before. It does look like it has a covering as CHM noted. It seems so modern in the Ville de Paris. An outlier, in my book. Although I've read that the best views and photos of the city and the Tour Eiffel are from other high-rise buildings. Just this week I forwarded to my francophile friends a photo on Facebook that was taken at sunset from the restaurant atop the Galleries Lafayettes. It was a gorgeous sunset of oranges, yellows and browns with a blue sky. People were in summer clothes enjoying the rooftop bar/resto (I think it was taken on Sunday).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your walk went well, and I thought the same thing about seeing the people up there... great photo, once again.
    I assume that your furnace boiler flame stayed on, once again? Great to have that fixed!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!