Friday, April 08, 2022

Ouch

This is part of the fence that encloses the small garden at the southwestern corner of the Invalides complex. The garden, constructed in 1980, is formally called le jardin de l'Intendant. It's based on a design from the 17th century that, I assume, was never completed. Wikipedia says that the origin of the name is uncertain. The word intendant refers to a steward or keeper of the finances of an institution or, in France specifically, one who was in charge of the building and maintenance of royal properties. Wikipedia suggests that the garden's original designer may have held that position.

I wouldn't want to get caught on that fence. Digitized color slide, Spring 2001.

We're having another wind storm today. This one is predicted to be windier and wetter than yesterday's. Oh joy. I do not like the wind. The good part is that it's a daytime storm and not an over-nighter. Night time storms give me the willies.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Ironwork! Beautiful photo of your Paris favorite landmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a great quality photo, coming from an old color slide. Wow.
    And, WOW, what a gate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fence is gorgeous but I know I wouldn't survive it. Windy (and rainy) here yesterday evening, which made me decide to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like evil tulips on the iron work fence. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I am next in Paris and consider gate-hopping, I will avoid le jardin de l'Intendant! For obvious reasons.
    When we lived in the midwest, those nightly storms gave me the "willies" as well. (They have tornados there and we were scared to sleep without the radio turned to the emergency channel in case of an alert.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, :)

    judy, I had to eliminate a lot of dust...

    mitch, good choice!

    wilma, evil, indeed!

    mary, I don't think I could deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouch indeed. I wonder what fiend thought of this design.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!