Friday, April 29, 2022

La glycine

Our wisteria is blooming now. It's not drop-dead gorgeous, probably because I don't prune it enough, but it's pretty nonetheless. We planted it back in 2006, I think. It was about two feet tall then.

Wisteria against the west-facing wall.

I picked up the new curtains for the living room yesterday. The store is up in the southern suburbs of Blois, about a thirty minute drive each way. While there, I went to the nearby fancy produce store and found several goodies, among them snow peas and okra. I also got some nice radishes, some arborio rice (we had risotto for lunch yesterday), and some Italian cheeses. I plan to put the curtains up today and, if I'm successful, get some photos.

Our old rototiller is history. They guy at the garden center said it wasn't worth repairing. So Ken bought a new one and it was delivered a couple of days ago. It's a smaller model than the old tiller, so it should be easier to maneuver it around the garden plot. We may make our first test run today.

The satellite dish problem is fixed, too. The guy that came to have a look noticed right away that the cover protecting the captor was gone. He said that water got inside and ruined it. After about fifteen minutes (and a nice chunk of change) he had installed a new captor our reception is perfect. Win!

I've cut two of the three yard sections over the past couple of days. Today will see the last one done. Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. The wisteria must smell exquisite. Glad the satellite dish problem was fixed so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow peas seem to have fallen out of fashion here. I asked my partner if he sees them in the supermarket and he wasn't sure. They haven't been on our menu for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glycine/wisteria is lovely. (Ils ont glissé dans la piscine!)
    The rototiller looks great. As you say, since it is lighter it will be easier for the “old” man to operate.
    Glad the dish is working again.
    Any idea where the okra comes from? Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I can't smell them...

    andrew, odd. I've tried to grow my own, with mixed results. This year is the first time I've seen them in the stores. I like them in asian dishes.

    chm, maybe Spain. I don't really remember (but I know they were labelled).

    judy, yes! Much better than the other kind.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!