Sunday, April 24, 2022

Les amoureux au jardin

Another old photo taken in the Luxembourg Garden. I'm not sure when I took it. Late 80s? Early to mid 90s? I guess my organizational skills were lacking when I scanned these. And there is no meta data to consult for old slides and scans. One day I may figure it out, but it is not this day.

Looking east across the garden toward the Boulevard Saint-Michel. Digitized color slide, sometime in the early 90s (est.).

We're having reception problems with our television satellite service. The tuning boxes (we have two) seem to be working and connected to the internet (they download program info from the 'net), but they report no signal from the satellite when we try to watch. The signal just disappeared around mid-day on Saturday. The company reports no problem with the satellite itself, so it must be us. When it gets light, I'm going to have to go outside with binoculars to see if anything is visibly wrong with the dish. Whatever it looks like, we'll have to call for service. On Monday. I can't reach the dish two stories up, and I won't go that high on a ladder.

It's always something.

9 comments:

  1. I wonder if those young lovers in the picture are still in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take photos of the dish and enlarge them on your best screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good suggestion by Andrew! Hope you get the signal back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe, as someone pointed out recently, it is not climbing ladders at our age that is the problem, it is falling off of them we need to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were ponies there that day. Good luck with your dish problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good question, Mitchell :)
    Good suggestion, Andrew!
    I'm voting 1990s, rather than '80s, by the clothes and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The obstacle is the way" say the Stoics. this isn't much of a comfort at times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surrounded by trees so neither dish nor antenna is an option for me. DRAT - I'm really stuck with comcast and I hate it. Hope Andrew's suggestion works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mitch, and not so young any more!

    andrew, good idea, but the binocs worked ok. I can't see anything wrong.

    chm, me too. We're watching tv through the internet for now.

    evelyn, thanks!

    judy, makes sense.

    michael, still, first world problems.

    mary, we don't have access to cable here. Only air, satellite, or internet. We've had the dish for almost 19 years.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!