Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Funky feline fotos

Earlier this week, while I was out taking photos in the garden, I heard Bertie meowing outside the hedge. I went out to see him. He suddenly got very excited and walked around like he was taking me on a tour of the outdoors. At one point he was almost bounding around with enthusiasm. He took sudden turns to go off in new directions, but not very far, all the while making sure I was following.

Bert the black cat in the grass.

Here and there he'd sit and roll over on his back, his way of asking for a belly rub. I obliged, then he was off again to another spot. We did this for about five minutes before he sat next the fence in the shade. I snapped a few photos, of course. I think he was disappointed when I turned and went back into the yard.


12 comments:

  1. is bertie ever in the house with you and ken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie, yes, he comes in, mostly in the morning while the dog is snoozing upstairs. He also hangs out on the deck with us.

      Delete
  2. Bert's looking good :-) Our 2 will go for walks with us, Shadow keeping up a running commentary of meows as we go. Tinka just bounces along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance, he almost looks like a panther.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Bertie picture yet! Our cat loves to walk with us in the woods. She demonstrates her tree climbing skills along the way. Do you ever catch Bertie in a tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That commentary was way better than any video you could have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great description of all of that Cat + Human interaction! Funny, too, because the photo of Mr. Relaxed here belies that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun in the Sun with a Cat! Glad Bertie got a belly rub out of that! Cute and calm Bertie (HA!)

    Mary in OR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss my black cat; I would get another blackie if and when another cat comes into my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope it does soon, lol...or has it already? ive got 3 black cats, i love them. One of them, in fact, looks just like Bert!

      Delete
  9. n&a, I think Bert would walk with us, but Callie would just harass him. I think he thought it was cool that I was out there with no dog.

    jon, yes, I think so, too.

    evelyn, one day I walked by the linden in our yard and Bert jumped out of the tree. It startled me because I didn't see him go up.

    stuart, let me count the ways...

    judy, he's a tricky kitty.

    mary, :)

    michael, how does Harper get along with cats?

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Just catching up on unread blogs, and I couldn't let this one go).
    Is that a scowl? It certainly looks like an expression of disapproval of something. Not giving him his demanded tummy-tickle, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!