Thursday, June 26, 2014

Throwback Thursday

This is another photo from summer 1986 when Ken and I moved to California. We had gotten everything unloaded and removed the cartop carrier. I wanted to wash the car after its week-long trip from Washington, DC. We were enjoying the hot California sunshine and the fact that the air was dry and not at all humid. If you've been in DC (or pretty much anywhere on the US east coast) in August, you know what I'm talking about.

Me and my Subaru. Remember mud flaps? Do cars still have mud flaps?

6 comments:

  1. sexay!

    and they don't call them "the dog days of august" for nothing on the east coast; UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mudflaps...
    Only on 2CVs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've just noticed that your house number pre-dates History....
      "1066 and all that!"

      Delete
  3. Mudflaps? yes but they are always an extra to make up for the discount on the new car price - would you like fries with that????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just nice car but I remember mud flaps when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DC in Aug is insufferable. I'm glad I don't live there anymore. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!