Friday, December 09, 2016

TGIF?

It's Friday. But it doesn't mean what it used to. Since retirement, Friday is just another day. Same as Saturday. Or Tuesday. We'll be eating leftovers from yesterday for lunch today. Ken made a coq au Riesling (a chicken fricassee), but used pintade (guinea hen) instead of a rooster or other chicken. Tasty!

Another foggy morning in the vineyard.

One thing I want to do either today or tomorrow is to get the holiday lights up on the house. It may start raining again on Sunday, so I'd rather get it done before that. It's not hard to do, just a matter of pulling out the ladder and stringing up the lights. I installed the hooks last year, so I don't have to do that again.

9 comments:

  1. Love the 'geometry' of this shot Walt.... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had a Christmas tree since we got Daisy.......she loves climbing trees and as for all the lights and baubles.......definitely asking for trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's not hard to do..." That made me laugh out loud. In our house, just pulling out the ladder seems like too much trouble sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What is a weekend?" asked the Dowager Countess of Grantham, Violet Crawley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband retired a few years ago, I am still working. I had to laugh when I read the first line of the post. TGIF is still very much a part of my life but for him EDIF. Every Day Is Friday. Good luck with the lights. And have a great Every Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the local hardware store today, I found a string of "faerie lites" that are tiny little things, powered by AA batteries. There's no place to plug in on my front porch, so this will let me light up the wreath, I hope. I like the idea of them being so portable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tim, thanks!

    jean, Bert doesn't bother our tree, but then he's not indoors all that much.

    mitch, inertia is my biggest hindrance.

    judy, nothing succeeds like excess.

    angiemanzi, your day will come. Retirement is a full time job.

    emm, how often do you think you'll need to replace the batteries?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know about the batteries replacement, but there is an Off switch, so that's encouraging. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is this the famous 'fume" I sometimes read on French wine labels?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!