Friday, March 11, 2011

Let's make tracks

Well, let somebody else make tracks. And they did. These are somebody's tire tracks as seen in the mud of the vineyard road recently. Right now, since we've had almost a week of sunny and dry weather, they've all but disappeared.

Tire tracks in the vineyard road.

I'm sticking with my philosophy of doing one thing a day and feeling good about making progress. Yesterday, in addition to getting my hair cut, I installed a light fixture in our new stairwell (the one that goes up to the new finished attic space). It took me about half an hour and several trips up and down two flights of stairs to get various tools. There were a couple of tense moments and swear words could have been heard (had there been someone here to hear them).

So, what will I do today?

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I mean, I don't actually do the work myself, but it is such a pain yelling at Fred all day to do these sort of things for me. Don't you feel bad for me? m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know Ken is "home" safe and sound. It won't take long for his luggage to make it too.
    It is a good philosophy to do one
    productive chore a day.
    (We are on tsunami watch. It should hit us at 11 am California time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you, Nadage- I hope CA doesn't get any damage. At least they are warned. My heart goes out to the people in Japan.

    A chore a day is good work ethic, Walt. Lewis is a lot like you. Currently he's patching up cracks in our dining room walls produced by blasting done for the new road behind our house. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about retirement is having all the time you need to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd so LOVE to do only one thing a day. As it is I'm lucking if I only have to go to one job per day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. leon, as haircuts normally go. Clip clip here, buzz buzz there, and a couple of oh-là-làs.

    mark, if I had 4 kids, nothing would get done. Unless they did it.

    nadege, I see that there was nothing serious down your way.

    evelyn, oh, that would make me angry...

    starman, and yet, there still is not enough time...

    writer, well, I do other stuff, too. I'm just talking about the big chores. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!