Sunday, September 01, 2013

A grand day

On Thursday, Ken, Callie, and I drove about an hour south of us to a town called Le Grand-Pressigny to see some friends who vacation there. We've been before, but it's still a bit of an adventure and we always look forward to it. Our friends J and N are wonderful hosts. The weather was spectacular and we enjoyed lunch and dinner outdoors. The highlight for Callie, in addition to seeing her canine friend Lulu, is a long walk around the edges of town. New sights, new smells, great fun!

One of the streets near the château where we began our walk.

On the chainsaw front, I applied the method I was shown by the store representative and dang if that thing didn't start right up. So I got a bit of sawing done on Saturday. There's more to do, of course, but I'm now encouraged and feel better not having bought a "lemon."

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you ... being invited by N. and J.!! I bet J. made some of her fabulous deserts! Btw, did Callie enjoy the ride, because she's not a big car fan,is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, good to know that you had success with the chainsaw! And, nice to know that is was J and N whom you visited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walt,

    I'm picturing you holding a chainsaw and I'm getting a good feeling. :)

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. martine, I made the dessert! It was a sweet potato pie. Callie put up with the ride. I don't think she'll ever enjoy one.

    judy, I feel like a fool, but at least I know how it works now.

    ron, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's just one of those that needs to be started once and works easily after.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!