Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday fifties and a blogiversary

Today is the tenth anniversary of my blog! It's hard to believe that it's been going on for ten years now. And this is the 3,369th post. That's not too far from one post per day for ten years. I never thought it would go this long. And I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

Today's 50mm photo: potimarrons (red kuri squash) in our garden, 50mm f/7.1, 1/160s, ISO 6400.

The blog quickly became an outlet for my amateur photography habit as well as a record of our daily life here in the center of France. Ken's been writing his blog just as long (his blogiversary is next week), so between the two of us we have a sort of daily journal of the last ten years on line. By the way, we don't consult on the subjects of our daily posts. Today, I noticed that we each put up a very similar photo. That happens every now and then.

Blogs were very cool when we first started, but these days more quick and mobile social media applications like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram seem to be dominant. I once said that blogs had become the eight-track tapes of social media. That may have been premature; there are still plenty of blogs around and many that I read daily, along with others that I look at less frequently, but regularly.

Thanks to all of you, past and present, who visit the blogs!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for your stamina and discipline to produce a daily blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary! You are very much more prolific than I........ may you continue many more years, and posts, to come.

    Gorgeous squash. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are hardworking man. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was as handy at snapping. Your posts are never dull and have a wide appeal, particularly visually, so the stats aren't really too surprising.. (Now mine, for instance, if one isn't a film buff there's rarely anything else there to interest one! La la la......)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Walt, on your first decade of blogging. May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you and Ken continue to blog! It's definitely worth keeping up.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Walt. Your blog and Ken's are wonderful glimpses of your life in France.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten years is quite a feat. Congratulations! I think I discovered your blog in 2007 and you've been a very enjoyable part of my morning routine ever since. It's frustrating when I'm away from home and can only read your blog on my phone, because the photos are so tiny and I know I'm missing something great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when you decided to challenge yourself to writing on your blog everyday. You are like my morning paper now, except better. My morning paper no longer comes on Monday. Blog on and congratulations on your first ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've read every one of your posts from the beginning. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and thank you for your nice pics ( would like to see how good Callie looks after her visit at the groomer ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, and keep up the good work. Your blogs are always worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 10th blogiversary!! I think of facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as the "fast food" of social media, which has its place. But if you want a good quality meals, you read blogs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. People who just read blogs often don't appreciate the effort that goes into writing some posts but I certainly know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I really enjoy your and Ken's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy your blog every day. Thanks for making the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is a painful reminder that I'm not retired yet :-)

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everybody! Ready for the next ten?

    ReplyDelete
  19. If we can't be in the French countryside, we can still experience it through the thoughtful and picturesque blogs you and Ken publish each day. Thank you for sharing these glimpses of daily life in a French village. And yes, we are ready for the next ten! ��
    L&L

    ReplyDelete
  20. I usually don't comment after I see you return comments, thinking I have missed the cut off date, but for this one I will crash the conga line to join in on the congratulations dance. Your blog is one of my favorites; I look forward to whatever you post. May there be another ten years and then some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. michael, there is no cut-off date. I see, and enjoy, your comments whenever you write them. :)

      Delete
  21. As with Ur-spo.... congratulations on one helluva'n achievement!
    Always worth a look, yours and Ken's, keep bloggin'... please...
    and the spiderweb pic of the week is superb... lovely "bunch of flowers"!
    And exceptionally graphic.... another for the wall!!
    Carry on like that and we'll have to build an extension.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary! So glad you stuck around!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!