Saturday, October 24, 2015

What's on tv

I watch a lot of tv, but apparently I don't watch enough. I've not heard of Madame Polony, who has, apparently, been the host of top shows on French tv and is now, at least for this issue, the editor and chief of our tv program magazine. And Nagui, a host I do know, is bringing back one of his signature shows, "Taratata," a late night popular music show, à la "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" for those Americans who remember. I don't stay up late enough to watch it.

Ski season is back.

What NOT to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

Another end-of-the-world disaster flic. But, it's got Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi for you Star Trek fans)!

L'équation de l'apocalypse (Annihilation Earth). American made-for-tv movie. Directed by Nick Lyon, 2009.
With Didem Erol, Louise Cliffe, Luke Goss, Marina Sirtis, and Colin Salmon.
In the future, the fate of world is endangered by terrorists who want to put an end to Western supremacy.
This end-of-the-world story is never believable, and neither are its actors.
For adults and kids over 10.

3 comments:

  1. Always interesting, these "What's on TV" posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I don't watch enough TV either - none.
    The a-zapper sounds especially worth zapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. judy, I'm glad you think so. You're probably one of the few!

    michael, I'll never find out because I won't watch it. I did watch a Hobbit movie last night.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!