Sunday, December 02, 2018

In the details

This is the Eglise Saint-André in Niort. The building is not very old, built in the second half of the 19th century, but a church has stood on this hill in the city since the 12th century. As we walked around town, we caught glimpses, like this one, of the church's spires at almost every turn.

The church's towers framed by buildings on the rue Vieille Rose.

A closer look at this photo reveals a surprising piece of street art. As often happens, I didn't notice it when I took the picture, but later (like yesterday), when I zoomed in using the computer. I thought it looked like a person in the distance, but it turns out to be art. Had I realized it while there, I might have walked by for a closer look.

Street art in Niort. I wish I had got closer.

As I said, both of these images are from the same photo. I'm not sure which version I like better.

7 comments:

  1. I like them both, if it's any help to you:—)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushing a baby carriage up a steep hill requires two people lol. I'm a fan of street art that is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Les bons ouvriers ont toujours de bons outils!

      Delete
  4. It must have been something to see such a mighty church back then going up to G-d

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, ;)

    chm, me too.

    evelyn, especially when the baby is that big! lol

    judy, it's probably because I take photos in "raw" format that I can enlarge without losing too much detail.

    michael, it's a tall one, and not even a cathedral. That was across town.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!