Monday, December 03, 2018

It's not all old

Here are a few relatively modern residential buildings in the heart of old Niort. We passed by as we wound our way around the neighborhood near the church of Saint-André. I wonder what was there before these buildings. Vacant land? Crumbling houses? An empty warehouse? Certainly what's there now is in better shape than what it replaced.

The doric pilasters add a nice classical touch.

I'm almost done with the photos from this trip we took back in October. Then what? I haven't taken the camera out in a while. It's often too dark and overcast or raining when I take the dog out for walks this time of year. Not much fun for photography. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. There are buildings around Málaga that appear to be in style (and some in condition) 3 or 4 hundred years old and turn out to be only 100 years old. I wonder how old theose pictured are. Clearly contemporary but fairly well done to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Bert. We all encounter a bad mouse from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, I'll wager these are much less than 100 years old. Probably less than 30.

    chris, true!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!