Sunday, September 19, 2021

A pile of pretty peppers

And some onions. Saturday was Tex-Mex day at our house. Ken made beef fajitas and guacamole for lunch. I went to the market to find peppers and cilantro while Ken made the marinade for the beef. The supermarket didn't have any cilantro, but I found some at a nearby produce store (their last bag!). I also got some flour tortillas to wrap the meat and vegetables in. ¡Olé!

Colorful bell peppers and onion ready for the sauté pan.

Today Ken's making a more traditional French dish: gratin de chou-fleur (cauliflower in a cheese sauce). We're having fall-like weather this weekend, so a nice warm and cheesy gratin will hit the spot. Fall and winter vegetables are showing up in the markets now. I'm looking forward to all the tasty dishes we'll make in the coming months.

7 comments:

  1. The market responded! Very colorful and the image of the week at first glance reminded me of a bunch of balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful. The colors of the Mexican flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I almost went back and added that to my message, CHM!

      Delete
  3. If the whole place is out of cilantro, it must be Tex-Mex day all around.
    Ken's recipe for gratin de chou-fleur in on regular rotation around here, and will be coming up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, :)

    mary, colorful bell peppers are everywhere now. Cilantro, not so much.

    chm, yes! That was pretty smart of them.

    chris, cilantro isn't in great demand around here. There's not much of it in the supermarket to start with and it's often out of stock. I wonder who else eats it.

    michael, and tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!