Friday, September 24, 2021

The artichokes are done

I'll cut these down soon and add them to the yard waste pile. But I'm enjoying their "last stand." They look like medieval torture instruments. Or triffids.

Not long ago, these were bright green with deep blue flowers.

Thursday turned out to be another very nice day (after a chilly morning) and I got the west forty mowed. All that's left is the north forty and I'm planning to do that today. The weather is expected to change over the weekend so, at least for now, the grass will be cut. It could be the last cut of the season depending on October's weather. We'll see.

7 comments:

  1. These two, with the dried hydrangea, would make a nice dry flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an article somewhere years ago about designing a winter garden. The silhouettes of leafless trees. Remaining dried out flowers. These would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have some sunny, dry days in October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving flowers after they've bloomed is desireable for a variety of birds and other species! These artichokes do look like a medieval weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, triffids. For a second there, I thought you meant tribbles. Those would certainly make an interesting arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, they would!

    mitch, I have a winter garden. It's my garden. In winter. lol

    bettyann, me too! It would be great to have a nice fall, given the yucky summer we had.

    mary, then I'm doing the right thing by being lazy. ;)

    emm, Bert would probably eat tribbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took the words right out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!