Saturday, September 04, 2021

Shorts and tee-shirts

It's happening. Summer is back. Sun. Dry days. High temperatures in the 80sF. I grilled hamburgers for lunch on Friday. And I'm enjoying wearing shorts again. We'll see how long it lasts.

Grapes to the right, corn on the left (in the back). A recent sunrise.

Bert stayed out last night until almost three in the morning. I woke up around 23h30 thinking I felt him walk across my legs (which he does frequently). I must have been dreaming because he was not at all there. Then I tossed and turned and barely slept while I waited for him to come home. After he moseyed in, I continued to toss and turn until I got up just after six. What a wasted night.

7 comments:

  1. Are siestas permitted in France? I hope so. We’re finally having perfect summer weather here. I have a feeling a lot of people will be back for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a lack of sleep last night you will probably sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “while I waited for him to come home”. Many parents of teenagers can relate to this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an idea-- why not plant a summer vegetable garden! I hear that home-grown tomatoes are a delicious thing.

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with BettyAnn: was Bert a teenage boy in a previous life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, they are at my house.

    andrew, and indeed I did. Bert was in by 8pm last night, so I didn't have to wait for him.

    bettyann, ha! I'm mostly afraid he'll just curl up and die somewhere. He's an old cat.

    judy, do not put temptation in my way!

    chris, almost certainly. But unlike most teenage boys, he was "fixed" at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping to see the shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!