Thursday, September 16, 2021

One year ago today

Looking back at my blog posts for this time last year, I see that we were in a heat wave. The grape harvest was nearly complete, and the daily work got under way even before the sun rose. It's a very different year now. We had more rain this summer than any in recent memory. The grape harvest hasn't even begun yet. And while we just had a week of moderately hot and dry weather, it wasn't harsh and it didn't last long.

Grape harvesters seen from our house at sunrise a year ago, September 16, 2020.

I had a dentist appointment scheduled for yesterday, but on Tuesday the dentist called and asked if he could reschedule. He had some kind of meeting on Wednesday morning and was afraid he wouldn't make it back in time for me. So now my appointment is for next month. It's only a cleaning, so there's no problem.

8 comments:

  1. How odd the weather is... up and down, up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo includes so many things I like: the end of the paved road where you live, the beginning of the dirt road into the vineyards, the vineyards themselves, the trees in the distance closer to the river, your neighbor’s flowering shrubs, your lovely hedge and certainly the vineyard workers whose efforts we have appreciated, through your photos, over the last several years. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me: I have a cleaning next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a publicity for Beauval in the middle of the dirt road?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the head of a panda perfectly visible on the back of the truck!

      Delete
    2. chm, I hadn't noticed that! LOL!

      Delete
  5. The dentist is up to no good that's certain.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!