Monday, September 06, 2021

Knapweed and something else

The bright purple flowers belong to the knapweed, but those rounder purplish globes without flowers look to be something else. I don't remember noticing them before, but I certainly am noticing them now.

Are they another plant, or just knapweed at a different stage?

Our little late summer heat wave is continuing. So far it's not anywhere near oppressive, but the next couple of days in the low 30sC (upper 80sF) could get a little uncomfortable for sleeping. Mostly because we're just not used to it. A cool-down is predicted toward the end of the week.

8 comments:

  1. I’ve seen those together and always thought it was all knapweed. If those are “something else,” I’ll have to check the garden center and see if I can get some. What do you suppose “Something Else” is called in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t have anything interesting to say, but I want to see if this comment, like yesterday, will disappear, or if it will stick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have picked up the soaker hose sooner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is a comfort we are predicted a cool-down too - to the lower 30sC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, no ideas here. "Autre chose" in French. My Spanish is "oxidado."

    chm, I'm glad it's working. Goog!

    bettyann, no kidding!

    michael, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to think a moment. You’re so clever. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!