Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Chapelle Saint-They

The internet is a wonderful thing. I was able to use Google Maps and Images to identify this photo. I had a general idea of where I took it, but wasn't sure. And I certainly didn't know the name of the chapel that sits out toward the end of the point. I was on the Pointe du Raz looking across the Baie des Trépassés toward the northeast. The land is the Pointe du Van and the lonely chapel is called Saint-They.

La Pointe du Van and la chapelle Saint-They. Digitized color slide, January 1992.

The chapel was built in the seventeenth century on the ruins of a much older chapel. Visitors can drive out very close to the chapel, but we didn't. We wanted to see the Pointe du Raz (the second most western point in mainland France after the Pointe du Corsen to the north) and then head south again.

3 comments:

  1. A spectacular sight. I’ve figured some things out using Google Maps and images, as well. A real sense of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo. Love google for many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As i said before, I didn’t know the Brittany coast was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!