Friday, October 14, 2022

Fire and rain

I guess Thursday was a transition day. We got a few light rain showers and the temperature, while mild, didn't rise much. I lit a fire in the wood stove anyway. This morning it's raining again, but the temperature is warming up and is expected to stay warm through the weekend. Fires will not be necessary.

Fire in the wood stove.

Yesterday I completed my ballot for the November US election. As a US citizen who lives abroad, I'm eligible to vote in the last place I lived in the States. That was San Francisco, so that's where I vote. I didn't vote for every office or issue because I don't know enough about the candidates or the details of some issues to make an informed decision. But the big offices (like Governor or House and Senate members) and certain local initiatives, I feel comfortable voting for. Next stop, the post office, to mail my ballot back.

7 comments:

  1. That photo is heaven. And now I hear James Taylor calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting that ballot in--woo hoo!
    Gorgeous fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fire! We appreciate your vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, ha!

    judy, and California ballots are hefty things. Lots of local initiatives...

    travel, I didn't vote for a while after moving here. California's a pretty blue state; I felt my vote wouldn't make much difference. But I decided after you-know-who won the presidency to add just one more voice to the crowd.

    evelyn, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voting is not only a right, it is a duty.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!