Tuesday, October 25, 2022

The walnut tree

It's called un noyer in French, walnuts are noix. A grove or orchard of walnut trees is une noiseraie. I took this photo about a year ago of the lone noyer out among the vineyard parcels. I don't think I've ever posted it. Interesting fact: the town across the river from us is called Noyers-sur-Cher. Walnut Trees on the Cher.

Its bark is worse than its... oh, never mind.

We did get out yesterday morning and picked up the apples, so that's done. I also did a little raking in the garden path where leaves gather. The wind kicked up after lunch and I didn't feel like cutting grass, so there's still that to do.

4 comments:

  1. I eat walnuts every morning on my cereal. Aren’t you glad to know that? ;)
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen black walnut trees. Just read about your poppies from yesterday's post- I hope they return next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, well, I've never tasted the bark...

    bettyann, :)

    evelyn, I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!